Ah, chocolate chip cookies, the classic snack that’s been warming the hearts of millions forever. And cannabis, the lovely plant that’s making medical and recreational noise the world over.
Combine the two together and VOILA! What you get are weed cookies — in our case, a recipe for how to make weed cookies of the chocolate chip variety.
You read right.
Just when you thought cannabis and chocolate chip cookies couldn’t get any better, we go ahead and provide you with the critical information in combining the two.
And guess what? Marijuana cookies are one of the easiest cannabis recipes to make. Better yet, its simple, undeniably tasty and can be experimented with in so many different variations.
It’s a great time to be alilve! And we know that once you’ve picked up our recipe for how to make weed cookies, it’s only going to get oh so much better.
Related Article: Recipe – How to Make Cannabis Milk (Canna Milk)Related Article: Recipe – How to Make Cannabis Milk (Canna Milk)”,”Page”:”Recipe: How to Make Weed Cookies at Home in 60 minutes”}]);]]>
Benefits of Homemade Cannabis Cookies
We could go on for days about the benefits of edibles
Marijuana Cookies Don’t Taste Like Marijuana
Weed cookies have been around for ages, and while the formula for successfully making a batch hasn’t completely changed, they’re no longer the leafy tasting edibles your parents used to make. With the introduction of distillate and cannabutter, edibles no longer take on an extremely pungent and plant-like taste. You can now, more or less, make weed cookies that taste, well, like your favourite cookies!
Cannabis Cookies are a Healthier Option to Smoking
Many of us can’t consume cannabis via smoking, due to various lung issues or by choice. When dealing with chronic pain, the daily dosage for THC can be anywhere from 20mg-200mg, which if completely ingested via smoke would likely do serious damage to your airways. Consuming such an amount by smoking is not feasible at all — you’d be looking at an insane amout of joints per day! Not to mention the expensive cost. This is where weed cookies come into the equation.
By medicating with edibles instead of smoking, you are able to ingest higher doses while preserving your lungs — but that’s not all.
Marijuana Cookies Provide More Dosage With Lower Quantity
Anyone that’s enjoyed an edible or 2 will often comment on how much stronger they seem to be than any other method of consumption. This is because processing cannabis through our liver creates a completely new compound called 11-hydroxy-metabolite. This compound is much stronger than regular, run of the mill THC, producing mind and body bending effects in much lower doses.
If you’re interested in a complete rundown between the differences between edibles and smoking cannabis, check out this article “Edibles vs Smoking Cannabis Differences for Beginners”.
Recipe: How to Make Weed Cookies
This recipe does call for cannabutter, which we’ve included in this article “How to make Cannabutter: Your Simple 5 Step Recipe“. Don’t get discouraged, it’s really easy to make and requires very little cannabis to get started.
Those who don’t wish to use cannabutter can use regular butter and include THC distillate
Here are the details for chocolate chip pot cookies!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 35 Minutes | Cool Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cannabutter
- 1 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tps of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
1. This is one of the easier cannabis recipes
2. Grab a medium sized bowl and combine the 1 1/3 cups of all purpose natural flour, 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda and 1/4 tablespoon of salt.
3. Whisk this mixture until everything is combined and then set it aside for the time being. Grab another medium sized bowl and mix the 1/2 cup of cannabutter, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and 2/3 cups of packed brown sugar. For the best results, I like to use a mixer. Continue mixing until the contents in this bowl are creamy.
4. Once the mixture is all set, add in the 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract and egg. Continue mixing with your hand mixture until the butter/sugar/brown sugar combination has a light consistency, and then add in the chocolate chips. Once the chocolate chips are added, gently stir in the flower mixture from the first bowl into the second. It may take awhile, but continue mixing until you have decent looking and firm cookie dough.
5. Once the dough is ready, you will then spoon the mixture out into 1/4 cup cookies on a sheet and spread them out accordingly. Place them into the preheated oven at 325 degrees and let the cookies bake for 18-25 minutes.
6. Remove the sheet from the oven when the cookies are a crisp golden brown and let them cool for approximately 10-15 minutes before removing from the sheet. Once your pot cookies have cooked, sit down and enjoy your hard work!
Don’t forget the milk! Or if you’re feeling extra cannabis-like, try our recipe for how to make cannabis-infused milk.
Pot Cookies Recipe: Final Notes About Dosage
As mentioned before, ingesting edibles produces a much more potent effect. We can’t stress this enough, but when eating your weed cookies, start slow. Start very, very slow! The effects of edibles can be delayed up to a couple hours, and once those yummy chocolate chip cookies are down the hatch there’s no coming back.
Depending on the strength of your cannabutter or distillate, it could be very possible that a quarter of a cookie will be all you need.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed learning how to make weed cookies as much as we have enjoyed teaching you. Stay tuned for more tasty recipes in the near future!
All images taken freely from Unsplash